There are many helpful tools hunters can use on the mountainside during their hunt. Close to the top of that lengthy list is a rangefinder.
Rangefinders are one of the more valuable pieces of equipment that fit right inside your pocket or can wear around your neck. In addition to their compact design, they are lightweight and are easy to use.
If you’re unsure whether you should pack this device for your next hunt, let us tell you why every hunter needs to bring one along. Continue reading to learn more below.
- Eliminate Guesswork Entirely— The main feature of rangefinders that hunters are attracted to is to know the exact distance between your target and you. With a simple tap of a button, your device sends out a laser beam to your target, bounces off, and comes back. Throughout this process, the internal clock inside the finder accurately measures the distance. Without this helpful tool, you’re left to guess how far away your target is. It allows you to get a clean and precise shot, which prevents the chances of needing to track a hurt animal.
- Get Closer Without Scaring Away Your Prey — If you don’t know from experience, you probably have heard from a buddy that getting too close can ruin your chances of a successful hunt. With a simple snap of a twig or rustling of leaves, your trophy buck can hear you and take off running before you can get a good shot. But, with a finder, you can get a closer look without actually moving. Without fear of spooking your prey, they have a range of 600 to 1300 yards, based on the brand you purchase.
- Improve Your Skill — During your hunt, you won’t always have time to pull out your device if an unexpected buck walks into view. With frequent use of your finder and as time goes on, you’ll be able to improve your instincts and ability to estimate accurate distances.
- Replace Your Binoculars — High-quality and high-performance finders are very similar to binoculars. Plus, in addition to magnification, you get distance with a rangefinder. Moreover, some of the higher-end units available offer a wider field of vision, allowing you to see more than you could with binoculars. Leave the binoculars at home, and bring along your finder instead.
- Perfect Your Shot — With today’s technology, you can now determine whether you are on track to hit your target or something else standing in your way. Despite an accurate aim at the right distance, you could hit a tree branch or rock between you and your target. However, rangefinders can keep you on the right track and monitor your shot clearance.
Contact R & K Hunting Company
Rangefinders are a great accessory to bring along every hunt. Make sure to pack yours on your next hunting trip with R & K Hunting Company. Enjoy a once-in-a-life-time Rocky Mountain hunting experience that is thrilling yet affordable. With years of experience, our knowledgeable guides will help your hunt be an exciting and successful adventure you’ll never forget. Contact our pros to book your next hunt in Utah or Wyoming today.